The Sunday Funnies and Factoids
Howdy, hi, everyone. Time for the latest entries into the Sunday funnies and factoids. We have finally exited a February that seemed like a January. Old man winter was and is still holding on like a rabid dog and most of us are getting a little pissed about it….I know I am. So with that in mind, here’s a few factoids with the odd laugh thrown in to take your mind off of your woes for a couple of minutes. As you have probably gathered, All-len-All has a new I hope you enjoy the new format and layout. We are still learning new tricks of the trade so please bear with us as we learn how to master it perfectly.
1) Betty White is older than sliced bread. Sliced bread was introduced in 1928 by inventor Otto Frederick Rohwedder. Before this moment, bread was sold in whole loaves as bakers didn’t trust sliced bread could stay fresh. Betty White was born in 1922 and spent her early years not eating sliced bread. But White recently celebrated her 92nd birthday, which means she’s been able to experience the first “greatest invention” much longer than most of us.
2) Arthur Miller’s original title for Death of a Salesman was The Inside of His Head.
3) Jimi Hendrix actually opened for the Monkees in 1967. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oms2593gXPM
4) One of the drugs Nazis experimented with in 1944 was D-IX, a cocaine-based compound that included both an amphetamine and a morphine-related chemical to dull pain. Nazi doctors found that test subjects could march 55 miles before having to rest. Luckily, the war ended before production could begin. Ahhhh, how cute…..boys and their toys.
5) In 1914, Henry Ford doubled the daily wage for his factory workers (from $2.40 to $5) while cutting their daily work hours from nine to eight. Now that’s a cool boss.
6) We have to have an Oscar factoid, don’t we? It Happened One Night (1934), One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest (1975) and The Silence of The Lambs (1991), are the only films to grab all 5 major Oscars (Best Picture, Director, Actor, Actress, and Screenplay) at The Academy Awards.
7) France was still using the guillotine when Star Wars was released.
8) How can you tell when Limburger cheese has gone bad? When it stops smelling like month-old socks and starts smelling like ammonia. Mmmmmmmmm………..cheese……me likeeee cheese.
9) Bubba dies in a fire and his body is pretty badly burned. The morgue sends for his two best friends, Daryl and Gomer, to identify the body.
Daryl arrives first, and when the mortician pulls back the sheet, Daryl says, “Yup, his face is burnt up pretty bad. You better roll him over.”
The mortician rolls him over, and Daryl says, “Nope, ain’t Bubba.”
The mortician thinks this is strange. Then he brings Gomer in to identify the body. Gomer takes a look at the face and says, “Yup, he’s pretty well burnt up. Roll him over.”
The mortician rolls him over and Gomer says, “No, it ain’t Bubba.”
The mortician asks, “How can you tell?”
Gomer said, “Well, Bubba had two assholes.”
“What? He had two assholes?!” exclaims the mortician.
“Yup, every time we went to town, folks would say, ‘Here comes Bubba with them two assholes.'”
Have a great week ahead everyone. I’ll see you back here next Sunday.