The Sunday Funnies & Factoids
Hey there, ho there, one and all. Welcome back to the most recent installment of the Sunday funnies and factoids. I know I sure could use a bit of a distraction from the four inches of new snow and bone snapping frigid temperatures being served up by the winter that will never end. I hope everyone is well and enjoying what is left of your weekend. So, may I present your weekly brain distraction……
1) Even Fidel Castro lashed out against New Coke, calling it “a sign of American capitalist decadence.”
2) Andrew Jackson was the only US President to have the national debt paid in full.
3) Aluminum used to be so hard to produce that it was valued higher than gold. Napoleon III even had all of his fine cutlery made of aluminum.
4) Boy: “I got an F in arithmetic.”
Boy: “The teacher asked ‘How much is 2×3?’ and I said ‘6’”
Father: “But that’s right!”
Boy: “Then she asked me ‘How much is 3×2?'”
Father: “What’s the fucking difference?”
Boy: “That’s exactly what I said!”
5) Author F. Scott Fitzgerald’s full name was Francis Scott Key Fitzgerald, named after a distant cousin who happened to write “The Star-Spangled Banner.”
6) The 1980 movie Chariots of Fire was the first movie in nearly fifty years to win an Oscar for Best Picture without winning any of the five other “major” awards (Best Actor, Actress, Director, Supporting Actor, and Supporting Actress).
7) The hyoid bone is the only bone in the human body not connected to another bone.
8) Kathleen Casey of Philadelphia was born at 12:00:01 A.M., Eastern time, on January 1st, 1946. This not only made her the first child born in the United States that year, but also made her the first “Baby Boomer.”
9) Cop on horse says to little girl on bike, “Did Santa get you that?”
“Yes,” replies the little girl.
“Well tell him to put a reflector light on it next year!” and fines her $5.
The little girl looks up at the cop and says, “Nice horse you’ve got there, did Santa bring you that?”
The cop chuckles and replies, “He sure did!”
“Well,” says the little girl, “Next year tell Santa that the d*ck goes under the horse, not on top of it!”
Enjoy your week everyone…..see you back here in seven sleeps.